Monday, June 7, 2010

I am not half....

I am not half of anything but I am full AFRICAN-ASIAN AMERICAN. I no longer choose to identify as half Black and half Filipino but rather claim MY FULL identity that embodies, embraces and celebrates my mixed hertiage. I would challenge any others with mixed heritage to make a shift in the way you self-identify. We are a whole people with full rights and privileges to both or multiple cultural groups. Blessings!

This is a picture of me and my beautiful, multi-ethnic daughter.

1 comment:

  1. I think dissecting people into "ethnic or racial parts" dehumanizing a person and reduces their identity into pieces. We are each whole, complex individuals with a multi-faceted natures which fully embodies the completeness of who we are. Let's start a movement....I AM NOT HALF....rather, I am (example: African-American and Filipino). All of this, is all of me!

    ReplyDelete